STAR WARS: The DarkStryder Campaign
R3 Astromech Droid
Industrial Automaton R3 Astromech Droid, military issue
- DEXTERITY 1D
- KNOWLEDGE 1D
- MECHANICAL 2D Astrogation 4D, Capital Ship Piloting 4D, Space Transports 3D
- PERCEPTION 1D Search 4D
- STRENGTH 1D
- TECHNICAL 2D Capital Ship Repair 6D, Capital Starship Weapon Repair 6D, Computer Programming/Repair 5D, Security 5D
- Three wheeled legs (one retractable)
- Retractable heavy grasper arm
- Retractable fine work arm
- Small electric arc welder
- Small circular saw
- Video Display Screen
- Acoustic signaller
- Holographic projector/recorder
- Fire Extinguisher
HEIGHT: 1 meter tall
The FarStar has over 40 Industrial Automaton R3-series astromech droids. They are designed specifically for service aboard capital combat starships. To the casual observer, R3 units are virtually identical to the more familiar R2s: the only visible difference is that the R3 has a clear plastex dome.
The R3s are used to assist the FarStar’s astrogation computers. Rather than directly storing hyperspace coordinates, the units are linked to the ship’s main computer to speed the calculations and properly organize data.
The droids are also used for computer programming and repair duties, major repairs to the FarStar’s engineering and weapons systems, as well as for external maintenance and repairs for the ship.